Sunday, June 15, 2008

06-15-08

I've been bad lately. I haven't felt like writing in this blog...or the other blog I should update. After finishing the quarter and submitting grades on Wednesday I have really done nothing but knit. Knit Knit Knit.

I finished a market bag I was working on for my sister; I started, modified and finished a drawstring bag; I started and finished two head bands. Wow that's a lot in 4 days! I also decided that I'm going to start to sell my stuff on Etsy.com, after discussing this with a friend on Friday. I've been working on designing my own bag pattern, based on the various bags that I have made. I also bought a whole bunch of alpaca and cotton for the bags...Thank you Little Knits for having such great sales!

I also started to learn to spin with a drop spindle! It was a catastrophe!!! I ended up being allergic to the lanolin that was on the wool :( I came home with red, itchy hands! So luckily Katy also gave us some processed roving that I can use so that it doesn't continue. One of my friends (flourish on ravelry) post in a thread about me being like Thomas J from My Girl...allergic to everything. I am! It's frustrating and actually keeps getting worse as I get older! So now I'm allergic to lanolin, melons, avocados, outside: trees, grasses, flowers, pollen, etc. Not to mention dust. Okay, I'm done with my complaining...it's a part of life and I should be used to it after 30 years of dealing with it.

Well, for not wanting to write anything I sure rambled a lot...

Here's Smokey...she is sooo adorable!!!

No comments: